Succulent turkey breast with Euro touches.
- 1.7kg boneless turkey breast, skin on
- 100g prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 170° C/ 150° C fan with a wire rack in the middle.
- Roll the turkey into a log shape and place the skin side up.
- Peel back the skin and place 1 tablespoon of butter under it.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the turkey.
- Arrange the slices of prosciutto horizontally on the skin side of the turkey.
- Using kitchen twine, secure the prosciutto to the turkey in internals approximately 3cm apart.
- Tuck the rosemary, sage and thyme springs under the twine and add another tablespoon of butter on top of the turkey.
- Place the turkey on a rack inside a roasting tray to allow for the drippings to collect.
- Cook for 30-35 mins per kilo (no stuffing) or 40-45 mins per kilo (with stuffing). The juices will run clear when cooked. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the temperature is at least 75° C in the centre.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and cover with foil. Let the turkey rest for 30 minutes before serving.